This company called Tactus figured out a way to add a layer on top of cell phones and other screens that lets seletive parts of the surface warp upward to make tactile buttons that you can feel. Could be a big help in finding the right button to push without having to look directly at the phone (please don’t try this while driving). [singularityhub]
Tags3D printing asteroid Augmented Reality bees bionics brain cancer China cold fusion credit cards DIY droid drone drones Earthquake electricity energy Flying Car gesture Global Warming google hackers health HIV hydrogen ibm iphone jobs laser music NASA police robot robots school solar space stem cells telepresence translation UFO underwear video wifi wireless
Add Community News
- a $500 camera designed to be tossed up into the air like a football
- Nuclear launch code passwords discovered.
- Floating power stations
- Cow emissions contribute to global warming
- Is the FDA on our side or not?
- Excercise while sitting at your desk
- Windows 8.1 free for non-profits
- Son of a blackbird
- Flexible paper screens coming soon!
- Blast proof underwear