This company called Tactus figured out a way to add a layer on top of cell phones and other screens that lets seletive parts of the surface warp upward to make tactile buttons that you can feel. Could be a big help in finding the right button to push without having to look directly at the phone (please don’t try this while driving). [singularityhub]
Tags3D printing animal rights asteroid Augmented Reality battery bees Bra brain cancer China cold fusion credit cards DIY droid drone drones Earthquake electricity energy Flying Car glass Global Warming hackers health HIV hydrogen ibm iphone jobs laser library lockheed martin music NASA police Predator robot robots school solar space spiders translation UFO video
- Airforce now at Mach 5 ?
- Using HIV to fight cancer?
- Turn your screen into a touchscreen for $5
- Food making robots
- Robot bugs
- Make home movies in space!
- New Ship based Laser Canons
- Robots looking more human all the time.
- Can drones do construction work?
- littleBits electronic kits for kids (and their parents)
Add Community News